Pink Lemonade Cupcakes
- Ready In:
- 12 teaspoons pink colored crystal sugar (make by adding red food coloring to sugar)
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- water (amount based on cake mix instructions)
- 3⁄4 cup thawed frozen pink lemonade concentrate (undiluted)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped lemon peel
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- Spray pan with vegetable pan spray; sprinkle 1 teaspoon colored sugar into each cupcake-space in the pan.
- Add water to pink lemonade mix to total amount of water called for on cake mix package directions.
- Follow cake mix package directions to prepare cake, adding chopped lemon peel.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan on rack; remove and cool completely before decorating.
Join The Conversation
WONDERFUL! I don't bother with the pink; regular lemonade is fine with me. The cake recipe is perfect as is; plenty of lemon flavor. For frosting, I accidentally discovered that adding some of the leftover lemonade concentrate to Cool Whip causes it to thicken! Makes the perfect topping for these cupcakes.
These cupcakes are good. They're so original. For the frosting I made several kinds, the best was when i took a jar of cream cheese frosting and just squeezed an entire lemon worth of juice into it. It tasted wonderful everyone commented on how good the frosting was when i put it on plain yellow cupcakes too!
I'd love to give this recipe some stars, but I messed up. TIP: Only add the 3/4 cup of pink lemonade called for. I didn't pay attention and added all. Problem is the batter tasted fine but not the cupcakes (way too tart!) I didn't reliaze this until after the party were I took 48!! Nobody liked them! My DS encouraged me by saying nobody knew I brought them. Got to love your kids! I will try this again, and Carefully follow the directions.
These cupcakes are to die for! The flavor is exactly what it says, pink lemonade....only in a cupcake! I added 1tbsp of fresh squeezed lemon juice to the batter. The only problem I had was getting them out of the cupcake pan without breaking them apart since they are very delicate. I topped them simply with cool whip. I will definately, yes definately make these again!! Made for Comfort Cafe Summer 09.<br/>ETA: I have to agree, LJSteve's photos ARE to die for! YUM!!