Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These cookies are low in sugar, fat and salt. Plus they taste really good! I got this recipe from the Aug/Sept 2004 issue of Light & Tasty.
- In a mixing bowl cream the butter, cream cheese and sugars.
- Add the egg and egg white; mix well.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with nonstick spray.
- Bake at 375 for 7-10 minutes or until edges are set.
- Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
I think these are great. Simple to make and really chocolatey, and, with the ww pastry flour and ff cream cheese as done by ladypit, a much better treat than most. I use hershey's special dark chips. It's so nice to have a good standby for those times when I just really want a good cookie. I just have to make sure to have enough milk around to go with them!
Big thumbs up from my crew! Easy to make and tasty too. I used fat free cream cheese and whole wheat pastry flour. At 7 minutes they were still underdone, but at 9 minutes they were starting to burn. I'd go with slightly underdone. Nice easy cookie.