Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe was found on the internet. Preparation time does not include the 1 hour needed for the dough to rise.
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packets yeast
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk, warm
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix yeast, sugar & water together, then beat the egg & stir it into the yeast mixture.
- Stir in the milk & salt, & then add 2 cups of the flour. Slowly add more flour, but stopping when the mixture becomes stiff.
- Knead the dough until it is smooth, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer dough to a clean bowl containing 1/4 cup of the melted butter. Roll dough around in the bowl until it is entirely coated in butter.
- Cver with a damp towel & let rise for 1 hour.
- When dough has risen, preheat oven to 425 degrees F & grease a large baking sheet.
- Divide dough into 10 pieces & roll each piece into a circle, about 1/4" thick.
- Brush each circle of dough with melted butter & then fold each one in half.
- Place folded pieces of dough on prepared baking sheet & place on the bottom rack of the oven.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until golden brown.