Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
For some unknown reason, I bought a couple of bags of Pepperidge Farms cornbread stuffing mix.And I had to figure out what to do with it, other than make stuffing.So I came up with this recipe,and the twist is using stuffing mix for the coating. If the chicken doesn't get coated completely that's o.k.Serve with gravy and use as a dipping sauce.Please feel free to adjust the amount of red pepper flakes to suit your families tastes.Submitted to "ZAAR" on January 24th,2009.
- In a shallow dish add egg and milk,beating well.
- Add chicken strips to egg/milk mixture,evenly coating each piece.
- Place stuffing mix,pepper flakes and garlic powder in a large plastic zippered bag.
- Mixing well all ingredients in bag.
- Add chicken strips a few at a time to coating mixture,making sure to let excess egg/milk mixtute to drip off before coating.
- After coating all pieces, place on a plate to "air dry" the chicken for about 10 minutes so the coating mix will stick better.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat, until hot but not smoking.
- Add chicken a few pieces at a time, fry until golden brown on both sides,about 8 to 10 minutes.
fantastic!! we all loved these, especially the 3 yo dd! i marinated the chicken in buttermilk overnight before draining and coating. i cut my strips smaller and thinner, so i used about 2 1/2 c of the stuffing mix. instead of the crushed red pepper i used black pepper and a dash of cayenne. i doubled the garlic powder and added some onion powder and seasoned salt. these were so yummy with homemade honey mustard sauce. i will also try these drizzled with butter and baked instead of fried. i'll let ya know how they turn out!!
OMG! totally awesome, maybe wanted to oven cook them..as not a huge fan of frying! but i did everything to the T! I dipped the strips in my own TGI Fridays JD sauce...NICE! Thanks!