1/3 Photos of Coated Chicken Strips With a Twist
Chef shapeweaver �'s Note:
For some unknown reason, I bought a couple of bags of Pepperidge Farms cornbread stuffing mix.And I had to figure out what to do with it, other than make stuffing.So I came up with this recipe,and the twist is using stuffing mix for the coating. If the chicken doesn't get coated completely that's o.k.Serve with gravy and use as a dipping sauce.Please feel free to adjust the amount of red pepper flakes to suit your families tastes.Submitted to "ZAAR" on January 24th,2009.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a shallow dish add egg and milk,beating well.
- 2Add chicken strips to egg/milk mixture,evenly coating each piece.
- 3Place stuffing mix,pepper flakes and garlic powder in a large plastic zippered bag.
- 4Mixing well all ingredients in bag.
- 5Add chicken strips a few at a time to coating mixture,making sure to let excess egg/milk mixtute to drip off before coating.
- 6After coating all pieces, place on a plate to "air dry" the chicken for about 10 minutes so the coating mix will stick better.
- 7Heat oil in skillet over medium heat, until hot but not smoking.
- 8Add chicken a few pieces at a time, fry until golden brown on both sides,about 8 to 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coated Chicken Strips With a Twist
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.5
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 164.9 mg
- Sodium 126.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 21.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cornbread stuffing mix