Recipe by Narshmellow
I had these when I was growing up and truly missed them as I got older. I have have many a raisin cookie and I went asking my mom for this recipe because it was always the best. Cleo is one of my mom's best friends and I have held onto this one and cherished it.
Top Review by Theresa P
Thank You for sharing a truly cherished recipe!!! These are wonderful and a real treat!!! I will be making these and sharing them with all my family and friends! They were easy to make and really YUMMY...mmmmmmm
- 2 1⁄2 cups raisins, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups oats
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook filling ingredients in a saucepan over low heat until thick, about five minutes.
- Mix butter and sugar together then add the flour, salt, baking soda and oats and mix until it resembles crumbs.
- Press half of mix into a 9 X 13" pan.
- Spread on raisin filling.
- Pat on remain crumb mixture to cover all the filling.
- Bake at 400° for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool and cut into bars.