Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
I had these when I was growing up and truly missed them as I got older. I have have many a raisin cookie and I went asking my mom for this recipe because it was always the best. Cleo is one of my mom's best friends and I have held onto this one and cherished it.
- 2 1⁄2 cups raisins, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups oats
- Cook filling ingredients in a saucepan over low heat until thick, about five minutes.
- Mix butter and sugar together then add the flour, salt, baking soda and oats and mix until it resembles crumbs.
- Press half of mix into a 9 X 13" pan.
- Spread on raisin filling.
- Pat on remain crumb mixture to cover all the filling.
- Bake at 400° for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool and cut into bars.
Thank You for sharing a truly cherished recipe!!! These are wonderful and a real treat!!! I will be making these and sharing them with all my family and friends! They were easy to make and really YUMMY...mmmmmmm
I had lost my recipe for these. I had been searching the internet trying to find this exact recipe to take to a 4th of July picnic with my family. I can not take anything chocolate because my nephew is allergic to it so I try to take something besides chocolate. Thank you Narshmellow for posting this recipe. It is an absolute favorite of mine.
If you like raisins and oats, you will love these. They are probably my favorite cookie ever!