Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Veggies a needin' to go-go. Basically this was a clean out the fridge recipe. Son # 2 said, while walking out of his room to get more, "Mom, this is a REALLY good soup." I use a Sabatier chopping machine so prep time is totally guessed at using a knife. Paleo friendly.
- 29.58 ml coconut oil
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped fine
- 2 jalapenos, chopped fine
- 1 poblano pepper, chopped fine
- 1 serrano pepper, chopped fine
- 9 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1133.98 g stew meat
- 1892.72 ml water
- 9 large tomatillos, diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 29.58 ml chicken bouillon
- 7.39 ml paprika
- 4.92 ml turmeric
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 2.46 ml ginger
- 4.92 ml saffron
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 1892.72 ml zucchini, sliced in half-moons
- 283.49 g box frozen chopped spinach
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat coconut oil in a large, heavy soup pot.
- Add onions, celery, peppers and garlic.
- Saute over medium heat until onions start to brown.
- Add stew meat and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add water, tomatillos, bay leaves, chicken bouillon, paprika, turmeric, cinnamon, cumin, ginger, saffron and lemongrass.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove bay leaves and lemongrass stalk.
- Add zucchini and spinach bring back to a boil.
- Add cilantro.
- Reduce heat and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Add black pepper as desired.