A recipe born of lots of leftover baked ham & smidgeons of condiments occupying space in the fridge. A food processor makes prep easy & fast. Great served on croissants as sandwiches or stuffed in cherry tomatoes as a appetizer.
- 6 cups cooked ham, minced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons hot mustard
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash cayenne
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
- 3 eggs, hardboiled & chopped
- Mix all together.
- Stir in the capers & eggs last to avoid breaking them up excessively.
This was terrific! Spicy and sweet at the same time, I served this on crusty rolls, and also served it on top toasted garlic bread the next day. It was delicious and I used up all my left over Easter ham using this recipe. I did omit the capers, as I didn't have any. Thanks for a yummy recipe!
Wow! Susie, when you cleaned out your fridge, you created the best ham salad that I ever tasted! This has super flavor and some kick. The capers add a nice touch. I halved the recipe (used 2 hard-boiled eggs). We ate this as a a spread for crackers and celery ribs. I will use this recipe again for any leftover ham. Thanx for sharing your creation.