Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
Entered for safe-keeping. From Clean Eating, May/June 2009. This will keep for up to a year.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- Mix all ingredients in small bowl until well blended.
- Seal in an airtight container and store in a dark dry spot in the pantry. It will keep for up to a year.
Very nice! My cinnamon is a little strong so I cut it back to 1 teaspoon. I used this seasoning mix to make a flavorful rice. 1 tablespoon of oil, 1 teaspoon of this seasoning, 5 Teaspoons of dry (instant) chicken bouillon, 2 Tablespoons of dry onion flakes and 2 cups of rice. Gently saute the ingredients in a pot but don't brown the rice. Add 3 cups of BOILING water, cover with a lid and turn heat to low and simmer for 18 minutes. I added some cilantro and green onion to it when it was done. I'll add 1/4 of each next time. Thank you for posting this recipe!
I thought this for the most part was a great spice mixture, however after using it in another recipe I decided to omit the black pepper. Personal preference. Exotic flavors. Thanks for posting.