Recipe by crazycookinmama
This recipe comes from The America's Test Kitchen Cookbook.
Top Review by lovie12
This recipe is delicious! I was looking for a great tuna salad recipe for quite some time now. I looked at other recipes and thought they were to fancy for me. This recipe however is classic and yummy! Thanks a lot.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans solid white tuna packed in water
- 1 tablespoon lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small celery rib, minced (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons minced red onions
- 2 tablespoons minced dill pickles or 2 tablespoons sweet pickles
- 1⁄2 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain tuna in colander and shred with fingers until no clumps remain and texture is fine and even.
- Transfer tuna to medium bowl and mix in lemon juice, salt, pepper, celery, onion, pickles, garlic, and parsley until evenly blended.
- Fold in mayonnaise and mustard until tuna is evenly moistened. (Can be covered and refrigerated up to 3 days).