Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
Potatoes, onions, garlic and butter. It's that simple and oh-so-good, one of those classic dishes that never goes out of style.
- 4 russet potatoes or 4 yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut in half lengthwise,then cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place potatoes in a pot of water; bring to a boil and boil 2 minutes.
- Drain, quickly rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in an ovenproof pan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion slices and saute until slightly browned.
- Add garlic and saute about 10 minutes more, until onions are caramelizing.
- Transfer onions and garlic to a bowl.
- Melt butter in bottom of pan, scraping up browned bits.
- Add potatoes and onions and stir gently to combine wih butter.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bake in preheated 400 degree F oven for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender and lightly browned on top.
Almost as good as Swingos on the Lake's Lyonnaise Potatoes. This one's a definate keeper! Thanks for sharing!!
Great potatoes.Thanks Linda
These are so yummy! I made them last week to go with baked chicken and steamed broccoli. My family really enjoyed it and my mom said the leftovers were good too.