- Ready In:
- 3 russet potatoes, boiled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 garlic cloves, carmelized (see note)
- 2 onions, thinly sliced and grilled
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat grill.
- **Note: to carmelize garlic: Slice 1/4 inch from the bottom of whole heads of garlic, rub with olive oil, and place on the grill, cut side down, over low heat. After about 20 minutes, cover loosely with foil and cook until carmelized, about 25 to 35 minutes**.
- Peel and slice the cooked potatoes 1/4 inch thick. Melt the butter in a heatproof casserole and add the garlic. Alternate Layers of the potao and onion slices in the casserole dish, seasoning each laer with thyme, sage, Tabasco, nutmeg and pepper.
- Pour in the hot stock and sprinkle evenly with the grated cheese.
- Cover the dish with a teght-fitting lid or aluminum foil and grill for 10 minutes with the grill lid down. Uncover the casserole, close the grill lid, and cook for 5 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was really good. I had never put any kind of baking dish on the grill before and was a little nervous but this worked great. I reduced the recipe to 2 servings and the potatoes cooked much faster than they would have in the oven. The potatoes also had great flavor. Thanks for the recipe and introducing me to a new method of cooking potatoes! Made for ZWT5.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have two wonderful kids,6 and 12, my youngest loves to help in the kitchen. His specialties are homemade noodles and macaroni salad. My daughter loves all things macaroni and cheese! <br> In the summers, we spend a lot of time at the lake and on our four-wheelers. The littlest has started T-ball this year, and we are getting a big kick out of watching those little guys play. DD is into basketball and is my biggest helper. <br>I am not a baker. However; I have found many delicious recipes on this site that are challenging my baking abilities. My kids are encouraging me to keep polishing up my baking skills! <br>I love to collect cookbooks! Finding this site was a stroke of luck. Now, I can keep all my favorite recipes in one place, and put the less used books away to make room for new ones! <br><img src=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/annacia/Permanent%20Banners/i-connected-125.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket></a> <br><img src=http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii31/bleupantry/RecipeZaar%20and%20other%20Food/Top%20Favs%20of%202008%20GAME/ParticipationBanner.jpg> <br><img src=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/tgifford/Game%20Room%20Banners/AM%20Banners/potluckpbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket> <br><img src=http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e110/flower753/Food/my3chefsnov2008.jpg> <br><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PACfall08partic.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket> <br> <br><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket> <br><img src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Participation.jpg><img src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg> <br><a href=http://www.flickr.com/photos/26630178@N05/3510953178/ title=banner3 by *sparkly*, on Flickr><img src=http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3387/3510953178_b35b3086a8.jpg width=500 height=250 alt=banner3 /></a>