Recipe by Jessica K
This is for the Zaar World tour. This is from World Famous German Recipes and sounds really good!
Top Review by Starting Over #1
This was superb!!! I have rarely used fresh parsley and wow did it make a difference. I place the onion and parsley in a food chopper to make it easier to work with, but everything else was as instructed. I did add a bit of worcestershire sauce for flavor as well- the best burgers we've ever made at home!!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 medium onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons flour
- butter (for frying, use about 1/4 stick at a time)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced into rings
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except butter and onion rings. Shape into patties. Melt butter in skillet over medium to med-high heat. Fry in melted butter until desired doneness, about 10-12 min per burger.
- Remove and keep warm. Fry onion rings in pan drippings until golden. Place burger on bun, with whatever condiments you like. Put fried onion on top of burger, enjoy!