Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is for the Zaar World tour. This is from World Famous German Recipes and sounds really good!
Make and share this Classic German Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 medium onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons flour
- butter (for frying, use about 1/4 stick at a time)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced into rings
- Combine all ingredients except butter and onion rings. Shape into patties. Melt butter in skillet over medium to med-high heat. Fry in melted butter until desired doneness, about 10-12 min per burger.
- Remove and keep warm. Fry onion rings in pan drippings until golden. Place burger on bun, with whatever condiments you like. Put fried onion on top of burger, enjoy!
This was superb!!! I have rarely used fresh parsley and wow did it make a difference. I place the onion and parsley in a food chopper to make it easier to work with, but everything else was as instructed. I did add a bit of worcestershire sauce for flavor as well- the best burgers we've ever made at home!!
My husband and son who are burger lovers rated this 4 stars. The burger was very moist.They said they would like to have this again. Made as written. Thanks Jessica K. Bullwinkle
So I followed the recipe instruction, except I grilled these, and we thought they were very good! Maybe the grilling helped with the extra flavour. Thanks for posting!!