Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is another recipe from The Vegetarian Passport Cookbook by Linda Woolven.
Make and share this Classic French Green Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, washed, dried and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup spinach leaves, washed, dried and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups boston lettuce, washed, dried and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- sea salt & fresh black pepper, to taste
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce (vegetarian sauce for vegetarians)
- 1 -2 cup brie cheese, cubed (optional)
- Whisk together the chives, tarragon, olive oil, vinegar, mustard,salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add in the Brie, if using.
- Pour over greens and toss until coated.
Yummy! The dressing is wonderful!! I especially loved the tarragon flavor. Adding brie cheese to the salad was an added, decadent bonus. Just a delicious salad. Merci! Made for ZWT8.
A few carefully arranged nicoise olives sprinkled on each serving brought this all together. Used a good quality brie and fresh greens from our CSA box. Annie's brand Worcestershire sauce was ideal. (Fresh chives from our garden.) I love boston lettuce but don't cook with it much. That'll have to change. Made for Veg Tag/May.
What a delicious salad dressing this makes! The chives and tarragon were actually very subtle, adding just the right amount of herby flavor. I will definitely be making this again!