Rebecca Downey's Note:
Inspired by the Register Guardian (a newspaper from Eugene Oregon USA). Posted by Juenessa Williams. Originally published in the Taste of Home magazine, October/November 2005 edition. There are thousands of versions of this recipe, but this is the simplest one I could find.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups white bread, sliced into 1/2 -inch cubes
- 1/3 cup olive oil, plus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and spun dry
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg, soft-boiled
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup romano cheese, freshly grated
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2Toss bread cubes with 1 tablespoon olive oil in large bowl, then spread on baking sheet.
- 3Bake, uncovered, 8 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until uniformly golden brown.
- 4Drain on paper towels and reserve.
- 5Rub a large wooden salad bowl well with garlic; then discard the garlic.
- 6Break romaine into bowl in bite-size pieces, drizzle with remaining 1/3 cup olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 7Break egg into bowl or drizzle egg product evenly over the lettuce.
- 8Whisk the lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce together, then pour the resulting mixture over the lettuce.
- 9Sprinkle in cheese.
- 10Toss until every leaf glistens, top with croutons, toss again, then serve.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Caesar Salad
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.4
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 45.0 mg
- Sodium 431.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 6.5 g