Delicious morsels to serve as a starter or appetizer. Adapted from Canadian Living mag. http://www.canadianliving.com/food/
- Cut prosciutto into strips. In a large frypan, heat oil over medium heat; fry prosciutto until crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Remove to paper towel to drain.
- To the pan, add garlic, half of the parsley and the hot pepper flakes; fry for 1 minute. Add wine; bring to boil over medium high heat, add clams, cover and steam until clams open, about 5 minutes. Discard any clams that do not open.
- Sprinkle with prosciutto and remaining parsley.
- Ladle clams into small bowls and offer plenty of crusty bread to soak up the delicious broth.