Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1⁄2-1 lb kielbasa
- 1⁄2-1 lb thick slab bacon, in 2 pieces
- 3 lbs hard shell clams, washed
- 3 lbs mussels, well washed and debearded
- 1 lb tiny new potatoes (or larger waxy potatoes cut into chunks of less than 1 inch)
- 2 (1 1/2 lb) lobsters
- 4 ears corn, shucked
- melted butter
- Put the meat in the bottom of a very large pot, like a lobster pot.
- Add in the clams and mussels, then the potatoes.
- Top with the lobster and corn; add in ½ cup water.
- Cover and turn the heat to high; cook, shaking the pot a little every few minutes, for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the lid and carefully (there is danger of scalding) check one of the potatoes to see whether it is done.
- If not, recover and cook another 10 minutes or so.
- Put the corn, meat, lobsters on one or more platters; put the clams/mussels in a large bowl and ladle some of the cooking juices over them.
- Serve, if you like, with melted butter.