Martha Stewart Stove-Top Clambake
- Ready In:
- 3 medium onions, cut into large wedges
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2 cups pale ale or 1 1/2 cups medium-bodied beer
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small new potatoes (white, red, or a combination)
- 1 lb hot chorizo sausage, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- coarse salt
- 4 -5 lobster tails
- 36 littleneck clams, scrubbed well
- 4 ears corn, husked and halved
- 2 lbs mussels, debearded and scrubbed well
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, shell-on (about 30)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (optional)
- 2 lemons, halved
- Combine onions, garlic, pale ale, and water in a 16-quart stockpot. Add potatoes, chorizo, and 1 tablespoon salt. Bring to a boil. Add lobsters; cook over high heat, covered, for 15 minutes. Add clams and corn; cook, covered, for 6 minutes. Add mussels and shrimp; cook, covered, until clams and mussels open and shrimp are cooked through, 4 to 8 minutes.
- Remove seafood, corn, potatoes, and chorizo using tongs, and transfer to large platters or rimmed baking sheets. Discard and any unopened clams and mussels. Strain liquid through a sieve into a bowl; add butter, swirling to melt. Squeeze lemons over clambake.
- Serve liquid in individual ramekins.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!