Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
These looked tasty - posting here to save for future use! ;) Found on the Clamato website.
- 2 pie crusts
- 340.19 g ground beef or 340.19 g ground pork
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 35.43 g taco seasoning (1 package) or 35.43 g fajita seasoning mix (1 package)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 236.59 ml Clamato juice
- Sauté ground meat and onions on medium-high heat. When starting to brown, add seasoning packet and garlic, stir to combine.
- Add green pepper and Clamato and let simmer for 10 minutes; Let cool.
- Take a pie crust and cut twelve, 3-inch rounds.
- Place spoonful of mixture on the center of a round. Fold in half and pinch closed then flute edge with a fork.
- Repeat with remaining dough and mixture.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 15 - 20 minutes or until golden and crisp. Serve warm.
- Enjoy! ;).
These were delicious!!! It was really easy to make, but it did take a little time to fold the empanadas. Next time I think I will make them a little bigger, like 3 1/2 inch rounds or maybe even 4 inches. I will definitely make these again. Delicious!!!
yum! i just love clamato so when i saw this i HAD to try it! i was upset cause the pie crusts i bought were made really bad dough so i kept breaking the dough when i tried to shape the empanadas. i only got a few small ones made. but the few i made were delicious!!! :D! i would totally recommend u guys try these! i loved em! next time i'm making my own pie crust dough! thanks mommy diva! made for recipe swap!