Pumpkin Black Bean Turkey Chili
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Haven't tried this one yet; posting for future use. Looks interesting to me.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 22mins
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 -2 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup cream sherry
- salt and pepper
- In a large dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion, yellow bell pepper, and garlic; stir and cook for about 8 minutes or until soft.
- Add in oregano, cumin, and chili powder.
- Cook and stir 1 minute.
- Add in black beans, turkey, pumpkin, tomatoes with liquid, broth, sherry, and salt/pepper to taste.
- Bring mixture to a boil; stir occasionally.
- Lower heat, cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Serve hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Have made this chili for years after finding first in a crock pot cookbook. Simply saute the veggies in a skillet in olive oil for about 8 minutes, then add the spices & herbs sauteing another minute to warm them up. Dump all in a 4-quart crock pot and cook on low for 7-8 hours. I love the texture from the pumpkin. YUM!Reply
I made this for our church Fall Festival and its a good thing I took some out for lunch the next day cause there was NONE left at the end of the night. It was delicious and the pumpkin gave it such a rich flavor. I also added a bit of cinnamon which really complimented the rest of the flavors.1Reply
This soup is WONDERFUL, I would give it 10 stars if I could. Very easy and quick to make. The only turkey I had was frozen turkey burgers, I just chopped them up. I tasted it before I added the spices and it was bland, but after the spices it was perfect. I will be making this regularly. I do have to say this made about 8 servings for us.Reply
see 10 more