Black Bean Turkey Chili
photo by ForeverMama
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 tablespoon safflower oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 poblano chiles, roasted, peeled, and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted, peeled, and diced
- 2 cups green bell peppers, diced
- 1⁄3 cup chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 2 lbs turkey meat, diced
- 1 cup corn kernel
- 1 cup cooked black beans, liquid drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- green onion, sliced
- radish, thinly sliced
- nonfat sour cream
- low-fat cheese, grated
- Heat the safflower oil over medium heat in a 6-quart saucepan.
- Add the onions and garlic and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the peppers, chilies, chili powder, and cumin.
- Add the chicken broth and cook 25 to 30 minutes.
- Add turkey, corn, and black beans to the broth.
- Stir in salt, pepper, and cornmeal and simmer 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve with bowls of garnish arid warm corn tortillas or corn muffins.
- 4-6 grams fat; 250-275 calories.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Excellent recipe for leftover turkey! It's packed with delicious tasting peppers, chili, beans, etc. and is healthy without worries of adding onto the waistline with NO loss of flavor. I had guests over that really enjoyed this dish and my family loved it too. Thank you lazyme for sharing. Made it for FYC.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hi and thanks for visiting my AM page. My name is Vicki and I love to cook. I've always been an avid collector of recipes and cookbooks - in fact I have over 1200 cookbooks on my computer alone.</p> 8724165"