Recipe by Mommy Diva
These looked tasty - posting here to save for future use! ;) Found on the Clamato website.
Top Review by coronajf
These were delicious!!! It was really easy to make, but it did take a little time to fold the empanadas. Next time I think I will make them a little bigger, like 3 1/2 inch rounds or maybe even 4 inches. I will definitely make these again. Delicious!!!
- 2 pie crusts
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef or 3⁄4 lb ground pork
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning (1 package) or 1 1⁄4 ounces fajita seasoning mix (1 package)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup Clamato juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté ground meat and onions on medium-high heat. When starting to brown, add seasoning packet and garlic, stir to combine.
- Add green pepper and Clamato and let simmer for 10 minutes; Let cool.
- Take a pie crust and cut twelve, 3-inch rounds.
- Place spoonful of mixture on the center of a round. Fold in half and pinch closed then flute edge with a fork.
- Repeat with remaining dough and mixture.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 15 - 20 minutes or until golden and crisp. Serve warm.
- Enjoy! ;).