Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is not really a pie but it is made in a pie pan. A good one for clam lovers.
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup corn kernel (fresh from the cob or frozen and defrosted)
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed new england clam chowder
- 2 cups minced fresh clams (or two 8-ounce cans chopped clams, drained)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Tabasco sauce (4 shakes, or so)
- 2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Coat a 9-inch pie pan or individual ramekins with cooking spray.
- In a 3-quart saucepan, fry bacon over medium-high heat until crisp.
- Add in the onion; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in corn, chowder, clams, thyme, and Tabasco; bring to a boil.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared pie pan.
- In a small bowl, toss the breadcrumbs, melted butter, and parsley.
- Sprinkle crumbes evenly over the top.
- Bake in a 350° oven for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
This was just delicious! Easy to put together and the fresh breadcrumbs just absolutely made it. Will make this again. Thanks for posting this recipe.