This is not really a pie but it is made in a pie pan. A good one for clam lovers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup corn kernel (fresh from the cob or frozen and defrosted)
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed new england clam chowder
- 2 cups minced fresh clams (or two 8-ounce cans chopped clams, drained)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Tabasco sauce (4 shakes, or so)
- 2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1Coat a 9-inch pie pan or individual ramekins with cooking spray.
- 2In a 3-quart saucepan, fry bacon over medium-high heat until crisp.
- 3Add in the onion; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until softened.
- 4Stir in corn, chowder, clams, thyme, and Tabasco; bring to a boil.
- 5Transfer mixture to the prepared pie pan.
- 6In a small bowl, toss the breadcrumbs, melted butter, and parsley.
- 7Sprinkle crumbes evenly over the top.
- 8Bake in a 350° oven for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Clams Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Clam Pie
Serving Size: 1 (347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 525.2
- Calories from Fat 314
- Total Fat 34.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 103.0 mg
- Sodium 1440.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 22.8 g