This a great Clam Chowder, still needs adjustments to make it perfect, but still comes out great. Far better than anything store bought. Will be better the next day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Cut up bacon into small pieces.
- 22. In frying pan on medium-high heat, crisp the bacon.
- 33. Add in onion and garlic, saute until onion is transparent.
- 44. Add to crockpot.
- 54. Peel and Cube potatoes, add to crockpot (I like to microwave these for around 30-45 minutes to make them soft.).
- 65. Stir in clam juice, chicken broth, potatoes, and spices.
- 76. Put crockpot on high for around 4 hours, or until potatoes are tender.
- 87. Pour in Clams.
- 98. Whisk Flour and Milk until smooth. Place in frying pan and cook on low until thick. Slowly stir into chowder, continuously stirring as to not allow mixture to stick. This will thicken the chowder.
- 109. Stirring Frequently, let the chowder simmer for a few more minutes.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Clam Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 391.0
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 87.3 mg
- Sodium 563.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 37.3 g