Recipe by HokiesMom
From All You Magazine March 2008 on their calendar page as the "recipe of the month". I like the use of orange juice and beef broth to make this an easy weeknight meal. Finished within 20-30 minutes. Serve over a nice brown rice for extra flavor.
Top Review by NorthwestGal
Oh, yum! I served this over steamed white rice for a small dinner party that we had at our home, and it was met with rave reviews. It was so simple to prepare, too. The added broccoli makes it a complete one-pot meal, which was a nice convenience. But the highlight was the wonderful touch of citrus flavor in the sauce, which gave the rice a nice citrus touch. Thanks, HokiesLady. We will enjoy this often, I'm sure. Made for Zaar World Tour #6.
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 lb top round london broil beef, cut into thin strips
- 1 (10 ounce) packagefrozen petite broccoli florets, thawed and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 3⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk broth, soy sauce, lemon juice and cornstarch together and set aside.
- Warm oil in a large skillet over medium high heat until hot and then add beef, turn heat to high and cook, stirring until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli and cook, stirring until warmed through, about 3-5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium high and then stir in reserved sauce, orange zest and orange juice.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens, about 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt and/or pepper to your taste.
- Serve over steamed brown rice for extra flavor.