1/1 Photo of Citrusy Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry
From All You Magazine March 2008 on their calendar page as the "recipe of the month". I like the use of orange juice and beef broth to make this an easy weeknight meal. Finished within 20-30 minutes. Serve over a nice brown rice for extra flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 lb top round london broil beef, cut into thin strips
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen petite broccoli florets, thawed and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- salt and pepper
- 1Whisk broth, soy sauce, lemon juice and cornstarch together and set aside.
- 2Warm oil in a large skillet over medium high heat until hot and then add beef, turn heat to high and cook, stirring until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add broccoli and cook, stirring until warmed through, about 3-5 minutes.
- 4Reduce heat to medium high and then stir in reserved sauce, orange zest and orange juice.
- 5Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens, about 2-3 minutes.
- 6Season with salt and/or pepper to your taste.
- 7Serve over steamed brown rice for extra flavor.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Citrusy Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.5
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 73.7 mg
- Sodium 334.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 27.2 g