Recipe by Mommy Diva
A nice, refreshing twist on a spinach salad - a perfect compliment to any holiday meal! Great with Ham! ****Noteworthy - this makes quite a bit of dressing - so depending on your taste, you may want to increase the amount of salad fixings or slightly decrease the dressing (or just save it for another day!!).
Top Review by J-Lynn
Delicious; light and fresh tasting. I usually like to have lots of veggies to toss in a salad, but only had romaine and carrots on hand. So my salad was simply romaine, navel orange chunks, and carrot ribbons. I adapted the dressing recipe for lemon juice (what I had on hand) and for hubby's anti-viniagrette tastes. I omitted the vinegar completely; used 2 Tbsp. lemon juice, only 2 Tbsp oil, 1 whole Tbsp honey, no cilantro, and same amount of mustard. We both loved it!! Thanks!
- 2 cups spinach leaves, fresh (OR 2 cups torn Romaine Lettuce)
- 1⁄2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 navel orange, fresh peeled and separated into sections (or 2 blood oranges or 1/2 small can of mandarin oranges)
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (preferably extra virgin)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- salt & pepper