Recipe by Acerast
I've been trying to serve more fruits and veggies for my family and ran across this wonderful and unique salsa just in time for Super Bowl XLI. We loved it!! A taste of sunshine in snowy winter. I found this recipe at 1001Recipes2Send.com who accredited it to TexaSweet.com - too many websites for me so I posted it here so I don't lose track of it.
Top Review by MrsDoty
I was looking for something to perk up roasted chicken, and this fit the bill. It's mildly hot, sweet, and tangy. The crunch from the green pepper just screamed fresh, which during the middle of winter was a breath of fresh air. The DH, who hates fruit salsas, actually liked this one. I'll be making it again. Thanks for posting!
- 1 grapefruit (we use red grapfruit)
- 1 large orange
- 1 tomatoes, medium
- 1 cup green bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 3 tablespoons red onions
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel, section and chop the grapefruit and orange; place in a medium bowl.
- Seed and dice the tomato, green pepper and jalapeno; add to the fruit.
- Dice the red onion and cilantro; add to the bowl.
- Add the sugar and salt to the the salsa ingredients.
- Stir to combine.
- Drain juice before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- Also good as a condiment with grilled chicken or pork.