Super Bowl Taco Dip
photo by Proud Veterans wife
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning (I use low sodium)
- shredded lettuce
- tomatoes, chopped
- finely shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped scallion
- diced black olives
- 1 chopped avocado
- 4 ounces diced green chilies
- Soften cream cheese and whip with sour cream with mixer until smooth. mix in taco seasoning.
- Spread onto shallow platter and chill. This step can be done ahead before the event.
- When ready to serve, layer the remainder of the ingredients as they are listed above. You can omit or add another favorite.
- Serve with tortilla chips or corn chips.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made this today to take to a Super Bowl Party and it not only taste great but was fun to make. Instead of chopping the avocado we made guacamole out of it and spread over then topped it all with salsa. What we tasted is great and I'm sure it's going to be a hit. A big plus is it "looks" impressive too.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live near Milwaukee Wisconsin and originally am from Iowa. I just celebrated my 18th wedding anniversary and have two spunky daughters who keep me busy. I was introduced to this sight by a fellow teacher and friend and I love it. I am one of those people who has an entire cupboard in my kitchen devoted to cookbook, but I must say I am finding myself going to recipezaar more and more! I am a teacher and I hope to use some time this summer to add more of my favorite recipes to my cookbook.