1/1 Photo of Cinnamon Twist
2 hrs 35 mins
2 hrs 20 mins
Charlotte J's Note:
Great for snack time or with a cup of tea. Clipped this out of a newspaper it was submitted by a Carolyn Wilson.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Scald together sour cream, shortening and sugar.
- 2Remove from heat; cool.
- 3Add baking soda, salt and egg.
- 4Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- 5Add to above mixture.
- 6Mix in one cup of the flour at a time.
- 7Mix well and placed on floured board and let rise one hour.
- 8Roll out in a rectangle about 12x8 inches.
- 9Spread bottom half with butter, sugar and then sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
- 10Fold top over and cut in 1/2x9-inch lengthwise stripes.
- 11Twist twice and place on greased cookie sheet.
- 12Let rise one hour in a warm place.
- 13Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- 14Remove form pan and glaze with a powdered sugar icing.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Twist
Serving Size: 1 (971 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3395.4
- Calories from Fat 1573
- Total Fat 174.8 g
- Saturated Fat 97.8 g
- Cholesterol 556.7 mg
- Sodium 2649.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 403.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.6 g
- Sugars 106.1 g
- Protein 55.9 g