Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
Crunchy cinnamon glazed almonds...Yum! Great for the holidays or just snacking on. I recently had these at an Oktoberfest celebration. I loved them. I came across this recipe by chance when I purchased a Taste of Home magazine. So I had to share. I hope you enjoy them.
- 2 egg whites
- 6 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups unblanched almonds
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large mixing bowl, beat egg whites until frothy; beat in vanilla. Add almonds; stir gently to coat. In a separate bowl combine the sugars, salt and cinnamon; add to nut mixture and stir gently to coat.
- Spread evenly into greased 15-in. x 10 -in. x1 inches baking dish. Bake at 300 for 25-30 minutes or until almonds are crisp, stirring once. Cool. Store in airtight container.
Scrumptious and addicting! I cut the recipe in half except for the cinnamon and I thought it was perfect - not too strong at all. I baked my about 5 minutes longer because my almonds had been in the freezer. Made for PAC 2013 Spring Safari
I usually don't go out of my way to eat nuts, but I'm finding that I'm a sucker for the ones that are coated in some sort of flavoring, whether it be sweet or savory. These made the house smell divine while they were cooking! I was a little worried that the vanilla would be too strong in the finished nuts, but it was just perfect, and a nice add-in to the typical cinnamon sugar almonds. These little suckers were very addictive, so much so that I had to bring them to work with me so I didn't sit and eat the whole bag in waaaay too little time, lol. All the nut lovers at work thought these were very tasty, too! Thanks for posting, made for PAC Spring '10 :)
I love almonds and these did not disappoint. I followed the recipe as written and we all enjoyed them. Made for Spring PAC 2010.