1/1 Photo of Cinnamon Toast Pudding With Caramel Sauce
From Southern Living, from their healthier recipes section. Turns pieces of cinnamon toast into a special dessert. Simple, sweet and good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 slice white bread
- 44.37 ml butter, softened
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 591.47 ml milk
- 158.51 ml sugar
- 0.25 ml salt
- 295.73 ml egg substitute
- 14.79 ml vanilla
- 1Spread one side of each bread slice evenly with butter.
- 2Combine 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over buttered side of bread. Place on a baking sheet. Broil 4 inches from heat (with door to electric oven partially open) 2 minutes or until browned and bubbly. Remove from oven; cool.
- 3Cut each toast slice into 4 triangles. Arrange triangles, sugared side up, on bottom and around sides of a well-buttered 9-inch quiche dish, overlapping if necessary. Set aside.
- 4Cook milk in a saucepan over low heat until hot; remove from heat and add 2/3 cup sugar, pinch salt, egg substitute and vanilla, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- 5Spoon half of custard into quiche dish. Let stand 5 minutes.
- 6Pour in remaining custard and place dish in a large shallow pan. Add hot water to larger pan to a depth of 3/4 inch.
- 7Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm with Caramel Sauce.
- 8For Caramel Sauce: combine sugar, dark corn syrup, butter and pinch salt in heavy saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil, stirring constantly, one minute. Remove from heat. Stir in evaporated milk and vanilla.
- 9Yield: 1 1/2 cups Caramel Sauce.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Toast Pudding With Caramel Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.2
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 28.6 mg
- Sodium 397.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 55.0 g
- Protein 9.7 g