Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe was found on a C & H sugar box. If you need a sweet-tooth fix, this will do it. Great with a spot of tea!
- 1⁄2 cup soft butter (1 stick) or 1⁄2 cup margarine (1 stick)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar, mixed with the cinnamon
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Combine flour with baking powder and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop onto greased cookie sheet in marble-sized balls.
- Press flat with bottom of greased glass dipped in the sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- Bake in 350°F oven 10 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet and cool.
best cookie I have ever made...love crispy cookies
This is probably the first cookie I ever made. I found it on the back of a bag of C&H Sugar and still have the scrap of bag with this recipe. This is an outstanding crisp little cinnamon flavored butter cookie. I still love them.
Yummy cookies that are simple and easy to make!