Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my son's favourite. He used to bake it when he was a teenager. It is very light and doesn't last very long.
- 60 g butter
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 15 g butter (extra)
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar (extra)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pre heat oven, 180c.
- Have butter and egg at room temperature.
- Sift flour.
- Cream butter, sugar, egg and vanilla until light and creamy.
- Stir in sifted flour and milk, beat lightly until smooth.
- Spread mixture into well greased 20cm sandwich tin.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes.
- When cooked turn onto wire rack and brush with extra melted butter, sugar and cinnamon.
My family really enjoyed this. I had expected it to be a biscuit like taste and texture, but it turned out very light and fluffy. I did add a tablespoon or two more milk to make it not so lumpy and then baked it a further 5 minutes. Thanks for the recipe, I'll definitely bake this again.
This is such a simple recipe, with fabulous results! Light, moist and tasty - we loved it! Thanks Honni!
Thanks for a top recipe Honni, this cake was ready in no time and all my guests loved it!