Recipe by Chef David Marion(alton brown wannabe)
This recipe is as close to foolproof as I have ever made. I have never made an edible cookie, and my wife of 32 years has always had difficulty makeing sugar cookies, so when I found this recipe in Cook,s Illustrated, I was amazed with how well this worked. I made some tweeks to lower the sugar amount and added cinnamon to change the flavor and look. Please enjoy!
Top Review by lordsangel
I love these!! They were simple to make and such a huge hit! I will make this again soon as they are one of my very favorite kinds of cookies. Thank yo so much for posting this recipe =)
- 532.32 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml sea salt
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 56.69 g low-fat cream cheese
- 88.74 ml unsalted butter, melted, still warm
- 78.07 ml canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 14.79 ml skim milk
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Adjust oven rack to middle position, heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together in a medium bowl, then set aside.
- Put 1 1/2 cups sugar & room temperature cream cheese in a bowl, pour warm melted butter over the sugar & cream cheese and mix to combine. Whisk in oil, then add egg, milk and vanilla until smooth. Add flour and mix with a rubber spatula until a soft dough forms.
- Take @ 1 tablespoon of the dough and roll into a dough ball(about the size of a ping pong ball) Put the 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon in shallow pie tin, using your hands gently roll dough in the sugar / cinnamon mixture to coat. Place dough ball on a cookie sheet, and gently flatten the top.
- Bake 1 tray at a time until the edges are set and just beginning to brown, @11-14 minutes. Cool 5 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to cooling rack until room temperature. ENJOY!