Recipe by Kim D.
This rich quick bread is a favorite with my family. I often give my husband a few slices to take with him on his commute to work, along with a tall travel mug of coffee.
Top Review by ~MollyM
Really good! Doubled the recipe to make two loaves, also added 2 tsp of vanilla to the batter and reduced the sugar by 1/3 of a cup per loaf. After reading other reviews, made sure to grease the bottom of the pans really well and did not have any problems with sticking. Will definately make again!
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter, 1 cup sugar, and egg.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture alternately with the buttermilk.
- In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon and remaining 1/3 cup sugar.
- Pour a third of the batter into a greased 8X4X2-inch loaf pan.
- Sprinkle a third of the cinnamon sugar on top of batter.
- Repeat layers twice.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.