This rich quick bread is a favorite with my family. I often give my husband a few slices to take with him on his commute to work, along with a tall travel mug of coffee.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter, 1 cup sugar, and egg.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture alternately with the buttermilk.
- In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon and remaining 1/3 cup sugar.
- Pour a third of the batter into a greased 8X4X2-inch loaf pan.
- Sprinkle a third of the cinnamon sugar on top of batter.
- Repeat layers twice.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.