Glazed Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 - 2 teaspoons milk
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and remaining sugar.
- Combine buttermilk, egg and oil in separate bowl; stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
- Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan. Pour half of the batter into pan; sprinkle with half of the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Carefully spread with remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar; swirl knife through batter.
- Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the ceter comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine glaze ingredients and drizzle over bread.
Join The Conversation
For those of us who don't have buttermilk: (- 1 tablespoon white vinegar, OR lemon juice - 1 scant cup milk) Step 1. Measure one tablespoon of white vinegar or lemon juice into a liquid measuring cup. Step 2. Add in a scant cup of milk and fill to the 1 cup measurement line. Step 3. Stir the mixture together and let sit for 5 minutes. source: https://www.mybakingaddiction.com/buttermilk-substitute/ (Sorry for the confusing formatting, it's the website not me)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My all time favorite thing to do is cook and bake. My love for cooking began my first year at college. It has grown into an obsession with recipes. Fortunately, my husband is supportive :) I love the Taste of Home magazines. Most of the recipes I try from their publications are outstanding. I also enjoy running long distances and exercising.