Prep 1 min
Cook 6 mins
This is a Janelle Bloom recipe, perfect for a cold winter's day!
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 100 g milk chocolate, grated
- marshmallows, to serve
- Place the milk, cinnamon, cocoa powder, and caster sugar into a 4-cup, heatproof, microwave-safe jug.
- Heat, uncovered, for 6 minutes on HIGH (100%) power, whisking every 2 minutes or until the milk just comes to the boil.
- Spoon grated chocolate into the base of 2 heatproof glasses and pour over the spiced hot chocolate milk. Serve with white marshmallows.
delicious and comforting hot cocoa, loved the addition of cinnamon. Didn't have marshmallows so whipped some cream for it