Recipe by CarolAnn
I believe this is an old Helen Corbitt recipe. It is an excellent, easy dessert and complements so many things.
- 4 large bananas (firmly ripe or slightly underripe)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut bananas crosswise into 1/4" slices.
- Toss slices in a bowl with the sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice.
- Heat saute pan over medium-high heat, add butter.
- When butter is bubbly, add the bananas.
- Holding the pan by the handle, toss the bananas every 10 seconds or so for 2-3 minutes until tender.
- (The slices should hold their shape and be carmelized) Serve on a warm plate-- good with ice cream or angel food cake or by itself!