1/1 Photo of Cinnamon Roll Pie With Brown Sugar Topping
Chef Ain't B's's Note:
I came up with this recipe and my customers love it! I make it in a 17-inch cast iron skillet! WOW--what a pie. This pie got my Bakery/Café nominated to compete in the "Best Bakery" contest on Fox5 News in Atlanta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1I use day old cinnamon rolls.
- 2Use a 17-inch cast iron skillet or use several deep dish pie plates, or I have made them in loaf pans. Several.
- 3Cut cinnamon rolls in medium size cubes.Place in large pan or bowl. Sprinkle with 1 cup sugar and sprinkle 1 tablespoon cinnamon. Set aside.
- 4In a medium bowl or stand mixer with the whip attachment, add eggs mix well.
- 5Add vanilla and almond extract.
- 6Add milk and 1 cup sugar.
- 7Whip for 5 minutes on low speed.
- 8Pour mixture over the cubed cinnamon rolls let sit for 30 minutes stirring occasionally, pressing down to soak the cinnamon rolls in the custard mixture.
- 10Cube cold butter into small cubes 1/2 inch.
- 11Add brown sugar and pecans.
- 12MIX WELL.
- 13Sprinkle mixture over soaked cinnamon roll mixture.
- 14Bake 350°F for about 45 minutes.
- 15Turn oven down to 325°F and bake another 15 minutes or until middle of pie is set.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Roll Pie With Brown Sugar Topping
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1860.8
- Calories from Fat 867
- Total Fat 96.3 g
- Saturated Fat 29.3 g
- Cholesterol 758.3 mg
- Sodium 964.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 220.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 180.0 g
- Protein 37.0 g