Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
I came up with this recipe and my customers love it! I make it in a 17-inch cast iron skillet! WOW--what a pie. This pie got my Bakery/Café nominated to compete in the "Best Bakery" contest on Fox5 News in Atlanta.
- I use day old cinnamon rolls.
- Use a 17-inch cast iron skillet or use several deep dish pie plates, or I have made them in loaf pans. Several.
- Cut cinnamon rolls in medium size cubes.Place in large pan or bowl. Sprinkle with 1 cup sugar and sprinkle 1 tablespoon cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl or stand mixer with the whip attachment, add eggs mix well.
- Add vanilla and almond extract.
- Add milk and 1 cup sugar.
- Whip for 5 minutes on low speed.
- Pour mixture over the cubed cinnamon rolls let sit for 30 minutes stirring occasionally, pressing down to soak the cinnamon rolls in the custard mixture.
- Cube cold butter into small cubes 1/2 inch.
- Add brown sugar and pecans.
- MIX WELL.
- Sprinkle mixture over soaked cinnamon roll mixture.
- Bake 350°F for about 45 minutes.
- Turn oven down to 325°F and bake another 15 minutes or until middle of pie is set.
Love this place her food, the atmosphere, and overall Linda is the best cook I have seen by far!!
fantastic!!!10 out of five