Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I saw this on a blog somewhere and I needed to save it as I am a cinnamon roll nut.
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1. Into your stand mixer, or large mixing bowl put 3 C flour, 1/4 t salt, 1 C sugar, 4 t baking powder, 2 eggs.
- and 2 t vanilla. Pour the 1 1/2 C milk over the other ingredients and mix well.
- 2. While the mixer is still running slowly add the 1/2 C melted butter. Mix just until combined.
- 3. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray and spread the batter out evenly in the pan.
- 4. To make the cinnamon filling use a small bowl and a wooden spoon to combine 1 C softened butter, 1 C brown sugar, 2 T flour and 1 T cinnamon.
- 5. Drop the cinnamon filling by spoonfuls onto the cake batter.
- 6. Take a butter knife and drag it through both the cinnamon and cake batter layers, making a pretty marble effect.
- 7. Bake this baby at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- 8. In a small mixing bowl whisk together 2 C powdered sugar, 5 T milk and 1 t vanilla. Pour the glaze over the warm cinnamon cake. Serve warm, or at room temperature.
- Enjoy this beauty!
I loved this and so did my coworkers. I made the cake and the filling the night before and baked it the next day. It turned out fabulous. I will make this again!
Tasty, but not as fun as cinnamon rolls. Icing soaks into cake so eat fast! Edited to add, this cake gets MUCH better with age. 2 days later this was flakey, tender and buttery!
I just made this, perfect. Soo good and sweet!