A delicious dip that has a big yum factor! Quick and easy too! Kids and adults will enjoy this one. Made for the RSC contest, Jan. 2009!
Peanut Honey Dip
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt (you can use plain, or try apple yogurt!)
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 cup whipped topping (or whipped cream)
Cinnamon Pita Crisps
- 18 inches whole wheat pita bread (or white)
- butter-flavored cooking spray (or canola spray)
- 4 -5 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- To make pita crisps:.
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Cut pita breads in half with a pizza cutter, then into wedges.
- Spread pita wedges on a large baking sheet. Spray with butter cooking spray(or oil).
- Combine cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl. Sprinkle on the pita wedges and bake about 10 minutes, until crisp.
- Peanut Honey Dip:.
- While pita wedges are baking, stir the yogurt, peanut butter, cinnamon, cardamom and honey together until well mixed(you can use a food processor if desired).
- Gently fold in whipped topping(or whipped cream).
- Serve with the pita crisps and enjoy!
I really wanted to try this during the contest but just ran out of time. We tried both dip recipes and had to go 4 stars for both because we were split down the middle! This was my favorite because I really loved the balance between the heavy peanut butter and the light coolness of the yogurt (I used french vanilla flavor) & whipped cream. Very easy to whip up & I know we'll be making it again. Thanks for sharing your creation! Made after RSC Lucky #13.