Chicken Wings.... With a Sesame Honey Dip
Yum-me! Can also be done with b/s chicken strips or even pork strips. It's very versatile. :)
- Ready In:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 chicken wings, divided at joints (discard tips)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Mix all the honey dip ingredients well. Refrigerate or set aside to serve at room temperature.
- CHICKEN: Mix mayo, ground mustard, onion and garlic powder in a medium bowl. Add chicken pieces, mixing to coat, and set aside.
- Mix crumbs and sesame seeds together in another bowl (or a plastic grocery bag for ease).
- Coat chicken pieces (one at a time) with the breadcrumb mixture and place them onto baking sheet. Bake 20-25 minutes or until done and lightly brown. Serve with honey dipping sauce.
- TO TOAST SESAME SEEDS: Place seeds in a non-stick saute' pan over medium heat. Heat, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes or until seeds are toasted. Do not walk away as once they begin to brown, they do so rather quickly.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Tagged this in Photo tag bcz I heard a friend recently talk about making chicken with mayo and Italian bread crumbs. Thought I'd try this. Instead of chicken wings, our store had turkey wings on sale, but we had a little trouble getting the meat off! Otherwise, we liked the flavor. We'll have to try this on thighs and legs. I forgot the sesame seeds, so I sprinkled some on after breading.Reply
see 1 more