Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
If you can't find cinnamon-flavored chips, sub white chocolate chips and increase the ground cinnamon to 1 1/2 teaspoons.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup flavored ground coffee (such as hazelnut)
- 2 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (see above note)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 3⁄4 cup cinnamon baking chips (see above note)
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Line a large baking sheet with nonstick aluminum foil.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in vanilla.
- Place coffee in food processor and pulse until finely ground. Add flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon and salt; pulse to blend.
- Add flour/coffee mixture to butter and stir until smooth. Stir in hazelnuts and cinnamon chips.
- Divide dough in half and with floured hands, place halves on prepared baking sheet. Pat into logs measuring about 12-inches long by 2 1/2-inches wide.
- Bake for 28-20 minutes or until browned on the edges. Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- Place logs on a cutting board and cut into 1/2-inch slices, for a total of 32.
- Put slices, cut side down, back onto baking sheet and bake an additional 15-18 minutes.
- Transfer to rack and cool completely. Store in air-tight containers.