If you can't find cinnamon-flavored chips, sub white chocolate chips and increase the ground cinnamon to 1 1/2 teaspoons.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flavored ground coffee (such as hazelnut)
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (see above note)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 3/4 cup cinnamon baking chips (see above note)
- 1Heat oven to 350ºF. Line a large baking sheet with nonstick aluminum foil.
- 2Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in vanilla.
- 3Place coffee in food processor and pulse until finely ground. Add flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon and salt; pulse to blend.
- 4Add flour/coffee mixture to butter and stir until smooth. Stir in hazelnuts and cinnamon chips.
- 5Divide dough in half and with floured hands, place halves on prepared baking sheet. Pat into logs measuring about 12-inches long by 2 1/2-inches wide.
- 6Bake for 28-20 minutes or until browned on the edges. Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- 7Place logs on a cutting board and cut into 1/2-inch slices, for a total of 32.
- 8Put slices, cut side down, back onto baking sheet and bake an additional 15-18 minutes.
- 9Transfer to rack and cool completely. Store in air-tight containers.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Nut Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (25 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 108.5
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 20.8 mg
- Sodium 40.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cinnamon baking chips