Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Justine Schofield hostess/cook of Everyday Gourmet and she suggested that this would be lovely sprinkled over your breakfast cereal or as a topping for yogurt or porridge. For dietary reasons I would use sugar free maple syrup to make it diabetic friendly.
- 1 1⁄2 cups macadamia nuts (roughly chopped)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup (sugar free for diabetics)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Toss the nuts with the cinnamon and spread on a baking tray and bake until lightly golden and fragrant, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Pour the maple syrup over the nuts and stir to combine and bake for 5 minutes more and then cool on the tray.
- Store in an airtight container.
Easy and delicious. This would make a great gift during the holidays. Love the cinnamon! Thanks, I'mPat. Made for Aussie Kiwi Recipe Swap #74.
I could only fine sugarless maple falvoured syrup.........No matter.......
What a wonderful result!
I probably did remove them from the oven a little early............No prob's these were still awesome not to mention sugar free!
Thanks Pat for an awesome recipe.................... I am a little afraid DH will not get any of these as DD has her eye on them!
Now to see who is the first to use them!!! lol
Lovely New Years snack. I was a little worried about browning the nuts, but no problem. Doubled the recipe as we enjoyed on New Years Eve. Great flavoring. Made for PRMR tag