Recipe by I'mPat
From Justine Schofield hostess/cook of Everyday Gourmet and she suggested that this would be lovely sprinkled over your breakfast cereal or as a topping for yogurt or porridge. For dietary reasons I would use sugar free maple syrup to make it diabetic friendly.
- 1 1⁄2 cups macadamia nuts (roughly chopped)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup (sugar free for diabetics)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Toss the nuts with the cinnamon and spread on a baking tray and bake until lightly golden and fragrant, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Pour the maple syrup over the nuts and stir to combine and bake for 5 minutes more and then cool on the tray.
- Store in an airtight container.