Butter Pecan Crumble Pancakes With Homemade Cinnamon Maple Butte
photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
CINNAMON MAPLE BUTTER
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
PECAN CRUMBLE TOPPING
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons cinnamon maple butter
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
BUTTER PECAN PACAKES
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup cinnamon maple butter, melted and cooled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla (or use vanilla bean paste)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- With an electric mixer, beat the first 3 ingredients until smooth and creamy and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Combine the flour and sugar in a bowl. Using a pastry cutter, cut the butter into the flour and sugar until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the pecans, and use your fingers to toss together and incorporate into the mixture.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray. Spread the crumble on the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla. Pour into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined (batter should be lumpy). Stir in the pecans.
- Let the pancake batter rest for 20 minutes before cooking the pancakes on a griddle or in a large pan. Top each pancake with some of the pecan crumble and maple syrup.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
After making this, all I can say is WOW. Was this good. Well worth the extra effort and time to make this delicious treat. You will not be disappointed. The pancakes were beautifully spiced, light, tender and fluffy filled with pecans and the topping was excellent. Mine turned out like candied brittle, but I certainly didn't mind. A very nice addition to the pancakes. Thanks for sharing this winner that I will certainly make again.