Recipe by Redsie
Love cinnamon, love muffins ... and doughnuts! Will try soon!! From Taste of Home.
Top Review by Velouria
Got this recipe off someone's food blog, and it's to die for! Followed the recipe exactly, and they came out perfect! Not the least bit dry. I checked them a bit early, and although the tops looked very light, the toothpick came out clean, so I immediately took them out of the oven. Had I left them in longer to brown, they probably would've turned out dry. Great recipe! Will be making these often.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon. In a small bowl, combine sugar, oil, egg and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full; place 1 teaspoon jam on top. Cover jam with enough batter to fill muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Place melted butter in a small bowl; combine sugar and cinnamon in another bowl. Immediately after removing muffins from the oven, dip tops in butter, then in cinnamon sugar.