Very light and flaky rolls. Great for breakfast. I used the bread machine for the dough so it is only about 15 minutes worth of work, but the finished product looks like you slaved all day, and tastes even better!
- add milk,sugar, gluten and yeast to bread machine.
- add flour and margarine.
- set machine for dough cycle (1 1/2 hours).
- when machine is finished, turn dough onto floured surface.
- roll dough out to 1/4 inch thick.
- spread margarine over dough.
- sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- cut dough into triangles (a pizza cutter works great).
- roll dough starting at wide end.
- brush roll with egg white.
- sprinkle with additional cinnamon sugar if desired.
- let rise for about 30 minutes.
- bake @ 350 for 35 minutes.
We loved these easy crescent rolls. The bread machine makes very quick work of mixing the dough. My dough did not turn out very light or flaky, but it was still very good. I think that next time I will add some more liquid to the dough while it is mixing in the machine, as my dough seemed a little on the "dry side". Also, I would add more than 1/8 cup of the cinnamon/sugar mixture because we like alot of it in our rolls. My family devoured these rolls and proclaimed this recipe "a keeper". Thank you for sharing.