Make and share this Cinnamon Bun Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup or 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup or 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons milk (more to make thinner)
- To make the Icing Syrup, whisk the ingredients together until smooth and a pouring consistency. If too thick add more milk, if too thin, add more sugar.
- For the pancakes: In a bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the beaten eggs and milk. Stir in the vanilla and melted butter. Add the milk/egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined. There may be small lumps; set aside.
- Preheat a lightly oiled or buttered griddle over medium heat. Pour enough batter (maybe 1/4 cup) to make about 3-4 inch pancakes (to make stackable). Cook until brown on both sides (a few minutes). Remove pancakes from griddle and pour over the Icing Syrup.
Just like eating a fluffy cinnamon bun!
Delicious pancakes! The icing really makes them taste just like cinnamon buns. My family wants me to make these again tomorrow. This one is going to be a keeper for sure. Thanks, GailAnn.
They really taste like cinnamon bun. So yummy! I was the only one to use the icing on the pancakes cause DH and our son can only eat pancakes with maple syrup. They never want to try something else on top. They're so boring and don't know what they miss loll I have leftover of the icing in the fridge. I'll be doing more pancakes to use it. Thanks gail :) Made for Holiday tag game