Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 cinnabon cinnamon rolls
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon makara cinnamon
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter or 1 -2 tablespoon margarine
- Slice Cinnabon rolls in half horizontally. Place them, cut side up, on a plate and allow to dry for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Combine eggs, half-and-half, vanilla extract, sugar, and Makara Cinnamon. Whisk together until all ingredients are well blended. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- At serving time, preheat oven to 400 degrees F, and place Cinnabon halves in a shallow baking dish. Pour French toast batter over halves and allow to soak for 5-10 minutes until moist. You may weigh the rolls down (cover them with wax paper and place a heavy skillet on the paper). During this time to make sure batter is absorbed into the dough layers.
- Heat a heavy skillet and melt butter or margarine in it. When butter is hot, place the Cinnabon halves into the pan, gooey side down. Sear until golden brown. Turn the halves over, and place the skillet in the oven. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until rolls are puffed up and golden.
- Serve with maple syrup.