Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
If you like cilantro, this is an easy and quick dish to make. Prior to a small out of town trip I emptied out the fridge of perishables and this is what I came up with.
- 2 slices toasted good bread
- 2 -4 eggs
- 1 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 celery ribs, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing
- salt and pepper
- parmesan cheese, shredded (optional)
- Mix together the cilantro, celery, salsa, ranch dressing and salt and pepper to taste.
- Poach eggs (can use 1 or 2 per person).
- Place cilantro mixture over toast.
- Place eggs over cilantro mixture.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese if desired.
Weird, this was actually really tasty. I didn't have ranch dressing so I used sour cream and some cumin. Next time I'll probably leave out the celery though. Thanks for the recipe!
Tebo I love the way you clean your fridge. I used Southwestern black bean salsa, about 4 tbsp of cilantro. The crunch from the celery is great and I love the blend of flavors. Easy quick recipe - I used soft boiled eggs instead of poached. Will do again, thanks Tebo
I had never tasted anything like this before, but i like it. it's simple. next time i am too lazy to cook anything fancy, i will go for this recipe again. thx :0)