Grilled Cod With Moroccan-spiced Tomato Relish
photo by Derf2440
- Ready In:
- 4 (6 ounce) cod fish fillets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Lightly oil your grill then heat, or just heat your broiler.
- Brush fillets with 1 tablespoon of the oil; season with salt and black pepper to taste; grill or broil fish until done, 8-10 minutes.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a small skillet over high heat; add cumin, coriander and red pepper; cook until fragrant, 45 seconds; add garlic; cook, stirring constantly, 15 seconds.
- Transfer spice mixture to a medium-sized bowl; add tomatoes, orange juice and salt to taste; stir gently to combine.
- Top hot fish with tomato mixture.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
wow this is incredible! my dinner guests were very impressed. i added extra oj, lots of crushed red pepper, and i cooked the tomatoes and added yellow onions. serve with cut oranges! and it's an uncommon combination of citrus, spice, heat, sweetness, salt, garlic. to truly be moroccan, you must add high quality paprika when adding the cumin.